If someone had advised me to make as many mistakes as possible, at the start of my career, so that I learn from them, I would have discarded that advice then.
But now, I think that’s the advice I will give to someone who is in the early stage of his/her career or business.
Unless you make mistakes you aren’t going to learn. The best way to learn something is by doing it.
So, let’s do it!
Recently received a connection request on LinkedIn. He wanted help with his job search. My response:
There are a number of companies that are hiring SAP BW.
A sample list: Fractal, SAP, CGI, Infosys, IBM, Intel, Siemens Healthineers, CapGemini, Novo Nordisk, Atos Syntel & Bosch are looking at hiring people like you.
I suggest you to get in touch with your friends who work in the above companies & send your CV as an employee referral. There are plenty of jobs out there.
1. Get your CV written professionally. Many of us have the skills but do not know how to write it in a CV.
2. Create a contact list – of your friends, ex-colleagues, ex-bosses, neighbours, relatives or anyone you can think of, who is in IT.
3. Get updated in your field of work. What’s the latest in SAP HANA, BW?
4. What kind of projects are there in the market?
5. What work you would like to do and why?
6 What are you good at or expert at?
7. Ups and downs are common in career. How far we can bounce back will show our strength. Being in the trenches will teach us more than being in the high pedestal. All of us are constantly learning.
Action is the antidote to fear. I read that somewhere.
Best Wishes to you.
Keep me updated after you get your first offer letter. That will be my fuel.
Happy Job Hunting!!
#job #jobs #recruitment #employment #linkedin #connection