I understand the difficulties involved in creating good content.
Here are some tips for creating good content – be it a blog post / a podcast / a video:
- Be objective.
- Keep it short & to the point.
- Stay on course.
- Narrate stories.
- Use humour.
- Engage audience. Connect with them.
- Be human. Some errors are fine. In fact, they are actually needed.
- Deliver tons of value.
- Give a reward to the audience at the end, for reading, listening or watching.
- Ask for feedback.
#b2b #b2c #sales #content #storytelling
Today Customers are better informed than the Sales people themselves. They do all the homework before calling you for a discussion.
Content is King, as they say. And Marketing is the new Sales. Though it can never replace Sales, Digital Marketing & Inbound marketing is a given. And businesses need to invest in it.
So, how to create content?
- Make a list of what your customers are looking for. And write about them.
- Problems faced by your customers and probable solutions for those problems.
- Reference guides in your industry – trade them in return for email ids.
- Best Practices – will show your thought leadership on the subject.
- White Papers – can be completely unbiased on any topic. Need not narrow down to only what you sell.
- Approach Papers – what will be your approach for any given situation.
- Case Studies – what did Customer A do when faced with a certain issue and how did he become successful with your product or service.
- eBooks – helpful resources for various tasks or problems.
- What to do in any situation or what not to do – if you help your customers when they are stuck, there is a good chance that they will remember you when they are looking for what you are selling.
- Customer speak – not just testimonials but capture in depth customer experiences.
- Expert Views – collect views from experts in your area of operation on a particular subject and publish them.
- Events – Talk about the upcoming events in your Industry or your experience in a just happened event.
- Podcasts – nothing like a talk show and it will be interesting if you can invite industry experts for the show.
- Demos – You can have a YouTube channel to give a sneak peak in to your product.
- User guides – Let it be easy for your customers to locate them online.
- Last but not the least, Curate Content: it is not that you are the only expert in your industry. There are plenty of them out there. They are creating good quality content as well. Curate them. This should add to your credibility.
Happy Creating and Curating !!
For any help in Marketing, Sales, Startup Consulting or CRM Software, please contact me at:
kannan @ zignalytics dot com
#marketing #sales #crm #startupconsulting #digitalmarketing #inboundmarketing
Keep your Content Fresh!! Always!
Today the marketers who use integrated digital marketing tools are successful. First, let us talk about online marketing Vs offline marketing. Marketers know and say that half of their marketing dollars is wasted. But in offline marketing, they don’t get to know which half is wasted. This problem has been fixed in online marketing. Marketers can get to know which half is wasted and hence fine tune their next campaign accordingly. The other reason to move to online marketing is because that is where most people are.
You can be called a Data Driven Marketer if you use data to base your decision instead of your gut feel. Using Web Analytics, you will be able to gather data on how people interact with your campaigns and website and you can use this information to drive better performance.
Your Online marketing tools essentially should have the following features:
- Should be able to drive traffic to your website using a email marketing solution
- Should be able to monitor and improve email deliverability
- Should be able to nurture leads and gain conversions through personalized follow-up campaigns using dynamic content according to the demographic attribute of the clients or the site behaviour of the clients and visitors.
- Manage and optimize your pay-per-click advertising campaigns from a single interface.
- Maximize conversions by developing dynamic and personalized landing pages.
- Analyze and refine your online marketing campaigns with deep and real-time reporting.
- From the start of the email campaign or a click on the ad campaign till the conversion on your website, the data needs to be integrated.