If your LinkedIn invites are not getting accepted:
You can thank me later.
Hi first name last name,
I saw your recent post on “xyz”. It’s inspiring. I strongly feel that it points me in the right direction.
Please accept my invite. I promise, I will not “sell” you anything ever. Instead, I will get sold. I am already. 🙂
Stay Safe & Rock always,
Char limit: 300
Sometimes, it may be better to send out the invite without a note. It may be accepted. You are the best judge on whether to send an invite or simply follow someone & in case you choose to send an invite, whether to send the invite with a note or not.
Now is the time to build your personal brand. You are an expert in your field of work. If you want everyone in your field of work to know about you or become popular for the work that you do, then you should start writing.
1. You can write articles on LinkedIn. [Great publishing tool]
2. You can write posts on LinkedIn. [Char limit: 1300]
3. You can have a blog site say www.yourname.com and start blogging.
4. Back links: You can build back links. What’s that, you ask. Other websites carrying your blog site link or even a link to your LinkedIn profile page. Why would they do that? If you write for them, they will allow you to write a small bio and there you can have the link to your company website or personal blog site or simply LinkedIn profile page. Who should you start writing for? That’s a good question to ask. You know better. In your field of work, which organization or association is considered as gold standard? Start writing for them.
5. You can write on Facebook too. You can write in the status update area or write “Notes”. Notes is a great publishing tool as well.
6. What to write about? It can be anything that would help your customers. Think of FAQs. “How to” guides. Customer stories.