I had come across this situation many times in Sales. That is the customer saying, “the #deal is on hold”.
Isn’t that a classic negotiation tactic?
How do you respond to this?
We should ask Christopher Voss.
My usual response used to be:
- May I know the reason for the hold?
- Is there something that I can do to help?
But now, my response would be:
- It looks like you don’t like the deal. Yes or No?
- After having spent time & effort on this exercise, if you are saying that the deal is on hold, you must be having a real valid reason to do so. I respect that.
- It looks like you may miss the special offer that we had extended to you. I guess that’s not a big deal for you. Or is it?
- You can contact me anytime the freeze is removed and you want to proceed. I will be waiting for your call. [I am in fact saying that I have other customers who are waiting to meet me & I have already done my best in terms of the price & that I can’t do any better. Take it or leave it.]
Who said “the deal is on hold” in recent times?
#negotiation #chrisvoss #sales #b2bsales #kkrocks