I had just then begun to settle down in Mumbai. I started liking the place & the food. I fell in love with the business climate more than anything else.
What were the reasons for the fast pace in business?
In one word: Prospecting.
A forced one, that is. Due to lack of time.
You had no time to waste. Hence you did tight prospecting.
Customers didn’t have any time to waste too. He was crystal clear on his needs, budgets etc.
They meant business.
Is it possible to create the same climate anywhere else?
To recreate that fast pace:
1. Do prospecting well.
2. Value your time & prospects’ time.
3. Keep yourself extremely busy.
4. Squeeze more into your calendar & just get it done.
5. Plan the logistics & the route. Start early.
6. Keep the meeting agenda clear & concise.
7. Work like there’s no tomorrow.
8. Keep yourself fit.
9. Some rock music [like another one bites the dust / those were the best days of my life by Bryan Adams] will help you get into the groove.
10. There’s an opportunity around every corner. It won’t come to you. You have to GO GET IT.
You can say I was plain lucky or the stars were in my favour. Within days of my moving to Mumbai, I closed a big ticket ERP sale @ Johnson Controls.
“Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
#happyselling #setthepace #gogetit