That was an Oil & Gas Engg Co., They called their employees & their families for a get together.
What’s special about it, you ask. Hang on. I’ll answer that.
Companies are now doing such events to build a strong sense of belonging & culture.
You will find fun events for everyone in the family. Drinks & Great Food will be on the house. Goodies bag at the end of the event.
Here’s where this company differed.
All those mentioned above were part of the event. Plus a talk by the CEO.
He said many families did not know what work they were doing & hence felt a need to talk about it. He spoke in a language that they understood.
There was a short film featuring the CEO, taken at his home, played during his talk, peppered in between. It showed him as a down to earth person [which he is] & as much human as everyone else in the room.
Hats off to the CEO. I am sure he’ll take the Co., to great heights.
1. It is not just sufficient if your employees share your vision. Even their families have to.
2. Sense of belonging & culture is important.
3. Build a community around your brand.
4. Your Sales people are NOT the only ones who sell. All your employees & their families also do.
5. In the ecosystem of Customers, Partners & Employees, it is your employees who come first. They’re the ones who are going to serve your customers & partners.
6. War for talent is real. Companies that genuinely take care of its people are the ones that will win now.
7. Take care of your employees else someone else will.
#employees #communitybuilding #caring #branding #sales #marketing #warfortalent #community