Those were the days I was hungry for leads.
I used to trouble my tech support guys for leads.
Not a good lead source, you say. Hang on.
One such day, my tech support guy said “go to xyz [name of a place]” unable to bear my pestering.
Not knowing where to go, I knocked on all doors & accidentally found a training institute & met few people. Left my cards with every other department where I couldn’t meet anyone.
Two days later, the unimaginable happened.
I got a call.
Rest is history.
That turned out to be a very big order for many software for multi location.
My colleague had been in touch with his ex-colleague & friend. He casually heard him say that he had been to that place but didn’t tell him the client name.
I found it out.
Later, I asked my colleague how did he get that lead. That’s when he told me about his conversation with his ex-colleague.
This story helps me work with optimism till date.
- Follow your competitors, if you cannot be there before they do.
- Be optimistic.
- Ask your colleagues, if you are stuck somewhere.
- Be at the right place at the right time. If you cannot be early, that is.
- Highlight your strengths.
- Allow the buyer to contact you & help them make it their decision to choose you. This is very important.
#b2b #changethegame #sales #marketing #leads #business #leadgeneration #competition