Today Customers are better informed than the Sales people themselves. They do all the homework before calling you for a discussion.
Content is King, as they say. And Marketing is the new Sales. Though it can never replace Sales, Digital Marketing & Inbound marketing is a given. And businesses need to invest in it.
So, how to create content?
- Make a list of what your customers are looking for. And write about them.
- Problems faced by your customers and probable solutions for those problems.
- Reference guides in your industry – trade them in return for email ids.
- Best Practices – will show your thought leadership on the subject.
- White Papers – can be completely unbiased on any topic. Need not narrow down to only what you sell.
- Approach Papers – what will be your approach for any given situation.
- Case Studies – what did Customer A do when faced with a certain issue and how did he become successful with your product or service.
- eBooks – helpful resources for various tasks or problems.
- What to do in any situation or what not to do – if you help your customers when they are stuck, there is a good chance that they will remember you when they are looking for what you are selling.
- Customer speak – not just testimonials but capture in depth customer experiences.
- Expert Views – collect views from experts in your area of operation on a particular subject and publish them.
- Events – Talk about the upcoming events in your Industry or your experience in a just happened event.
- Podcasts – nothing like a talk show and it will be interesting if you can invite industry experts for the show.
- Demos – You can have a YouTube channel to give a sneak peak in to your product.
- User guides – Let it be easy for your customers to locate them online.
- Last but not the least, Curate Content: it is not that you are the only expert in your industry. There are plenty of them out there. They are creating good quality content as well. Curate them. This should add to your credibility.
Happy Creating and Curating !!
For any help in Marketing, Sales, Startup Consulting or CRM Software, please contact me at:
kannan @ zignalytics dot com
#marketing #sales #crm #startupconsulting #digitalmarketing #inboundmarketing
Keep your Content Fresh!! Always!