All of us humans have a basic need to be understood. What we stand for, why we do what we do, where are we going & what gives us satisfaction. This is the core of all human beings.
Let us think for a moment when was the last time we had a great conversation with someone. If you go deeper into that conversation you will understand that it was EMPATHY that struck a great conversation.
Even your foes will listen to you if you empathise with them. And may finally agree with you and even work with you. Who knows, you both can even become great partners.
In Sales, empathy plays a very important role.
Customers will do business only with someone who understands them completely.
It is great conversations that lead to great relationships. In Life and in Business.
So, how do we start and have great conversations?
- Ask open ended questions – for ex, what gives them energy and/or drive?
- Acknowledge their work, achievements & challenges.
- Admire their +ve qualities.
- Ask for advice.
- Talk about something that you learnt recently.
- Share interesting anecdotes. Who doesn’t like to hear stories?
- Talk about some challenges you faced & how you dealt with them.
- Keep up the momentum. No dull moments ever.
- Move forward: Always talk about your dreams, goals, ambitions.
- Deliver Juice: Some ideas that will make you both travel in the same direction together.
sales at zignalytics.com