Prospecting is not researching about Prospects. It is nothing but validating if the Prospects are going to buy from you or not. Whether there is a product fit or not. It is about finding if it is worth spending that time with them. You can fight competition. But you cannot fight “no fit” or “no need” or “no funds” or all of them put together.
Some questions for you to ask them:
- What is your problem statement?
- How soon do you need to do this?
- Where is the money going to come from?
- What benefits will you derive if you do this?
- What bottlenecks do you foresee for this project?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- Who are the people who are going to benefit from this?
- How will it affect your business?
- What will happen if you don’t do this?
- What are the attributes or qualities that is essential on the part of the vendor?