Your Prospects are not seeking a Commodity but are seeking Transformation. The route to the transformation does not matter much as long as the Transformation is guaranteed in a specific time frame. Transformation means “a marked change in form, nature, or appearance.” A metamorphosis, in essence, is what your prospects are seeking. For ex, from a caterpillar to a butterfly.
Whether you sell products or services or both, it is not that which you are selling that your prospects are seeking. Instead they are seeking transformation and if your product / service guarantees that, then you have a deal. Please get this.
Your prospects have some dreams and are vigorously chasing them. And if your product / service helps in realizing those dreams, then they will buy. Say for ex, if you are selling cars and your prospects dream is to acquire a status and if one of your vehicle categories satisfies that and you are able to communicate visually how that will improve his or her status, then you have a sale. Prove it to them that it helps them realize their dreams and they are going to have a transformation. And a lifetime achievement. And let them know how they are going to break records and create new ones.
How to sell a dream. Here are some tips:
- Story Telling: You should look deeper and you will have a story to tell. Make it appealing with plenty of visuals. Because a picture is worth a thousand words. Somewhere, in the story, there should be a connect to the dreams of your prospect and how you can help realize that.
- Focus on their dreams and the transformation they are seeking.
- Highlight the losses if dreams are not realized.
- Focus on the benefits of the transformation.
- Connect your product / service at this instance and prove how it is going to help in the transformation.
- Visualize the transformation and clearly communicate that vision to the prospect.
- Use metaphors to make the prospect experience it, in his / her subconscious mind.
- State and then Repeat the salient features. But only through stories.
- Create characters in your story that the prospect can identify with.
- Be human. Not a robot. Because you are talking to humans and not robots.
Happy Selling !! err Happy Story Telling !!