I asked him how me manages his customer data, in the hope that I will generate interest for a CRM.
He is my friend. And it was a casual conversation. He laughed & said “we don’t have too much data to manage”.
What he said after that makes sense.
He said that he & his team complete the interior designing of a flat or a villa or an office space & hand it over to customers. We make sure that they are happy, he said. They refer customers to us & most of our business comes only through word of mouth & referral, he added.
He said, he mostly gets invited for the inauguration of the property. It is there he meets his prospective customers. Now there’s the secret sauce. Hang on for a second. He said, if those people, his customer’s friends & relatives, who come for the inaugural function, like his work, they will take his business card & call him when they have a need.
This is nothing but in-bound marketing coupled with social proof, touch & feel & non salesy approach all put together. What more can you ask for? He has all the relevant marketing strategies with right mix & proportion. It is a well oiled machinery. It will take care of itself.
He should only concentrate now on deliveries, quality, speed & customer satisfaction. Fantastic, isn’t it?
Some pointers for us, to work on:
- Be where our customers are.
- Be non-salesy.
- Provide social proof.
- Let the word of mouth spread.
- Provide good customer service.
- Create a community of happy customers.
- Let our customers touch & feel. Test Drive, Free Trial, Freemium, Freebies, what have you?
- Get referrals. No sales involved with the referred prospect. Our customers do the marketing & sales for us.
- Pick up the phone. Meet face to face.
- Be friendly. After all, we don’t live to sell or do business & make money. Only.
sales @ zignalytics .com
#marketing #inbound-marketing #wordofmouth #referral